- Caffe Nero will open new stores in Stansted and Belfast Airports this summer
- A further 6 new store openings are scheduled in the coming months
- Caffè Nero is actively considering more new sites to restart its new store openings programme
Premium European coffee house brand Caffè Nero has announced it is opening a new flagship store in Stansted Airport to kick-off its post-Covid new store openings programme in the United Kingdom. Soon thereafter, a series of new store openings will take place in the U.K., including a flagship store in Belfast Airport.
The Stansted Airport store, which was won via tender process and replaces Starbucks, is located in the International Departure Lounge. It is due to open in June after an investment of more than £750K, and will have a new premium bespoke design across its 1,800sq ft and create more than 25 new jobs.
Concurrently, Caffè Nero will build and open a flagship store in Belfast City Airport. This opening, also expected in June 2022, replaces Costa and will be the largest coffee outlet in the airport. Located in the main concourse for arrivals landside at the airport, the store will likewise have a stunning bespoke design across its 2,100 square footage and will be Caffè Nero’s first store in an airport in Northern Ireland.
Both airport stores are part of a post-Covid renewed store openings programme by Caffè Nero as it restarts its growth engines. A further six stores will be opened across the UK by early summer. These openings will be located in urban centres and market town locations, with additional new sites being scoped and screened for further openings later in the year.
Founder and Group CEO, Gerry Ford commented: “We’re thankful and delighted to have the opportunity to serve customers in both these airports. I hope and trust that our new airport stores will excite passengers and visitors alike. Both airports are predicting passenger numbers will exceed pre-pandemic numbers in the coming years, so these are important sites for us to win. As the U.K. emerges from pandemic restrictions, we are looking to return to growth by resuming our store openings programme. We have several new stores in the pipeline scheduled to open over the coming weeks and I’m excited by all of them. Customers are talking with their feet and we are already seeing customer numbers increase week by week. We will be looking at other new sites moving forward as there seem to be a lot of very good opportunities out there.”
-– ENDS –-
Notes to Editors
About Caffè Nero Group Ltd:
- Caffè Nero is the largest independent coffee house group in Europe.
- Caffè Nero remains a family owned and operated business.
- The Nero Group operates over 1,000 stores across 10 countries.
- The Group has more than 650 Caffè Nero stores across the UK.
- The Nero Group currently employs over 6,000 people in the UK.
- Since 2016, through its charitable foundation, Caffè Nero has donated over a quarter of a million pounds to UK causes and funded schools and farmers in the communities which help produce its coffee beans.
- Caffè Nero was founded by Gerry Ford in 1997.
|March 1st, 2022