Prep time: Approx. 30 minutes
Cooking time: 2-3 hours
Serves: 77 pieces
- 250 grams soft butter
- 1 x 397 grams can condensed milk
- 175ml milk
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 800 grams of granulated sugar
- 16g (30ml/single espresso) Caffè Nero Classico Original Blend ground coffee, or Classico Original Blend decaffeinated ground coffee
What you’ll need:
- A glass of ice cold water
- Tin approx. 30 x 20cm / 12 x 8 inch or 25cm / 10 inch square
- Heavy-based saucepan
- Stirring spoon
- Electric or non-electric whisk
Place all of your ingredients, except the espresso, into a large, heavy-based saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
Boil for 12 – 20 minutes.
Test that it is ready by dropping a little bit into the glass of cold water. It should turn hard but still soft to the touch. This is called the ‘soft ball’ stage.
Once you are there, remove the pan from the heat and stir in a shot of good espresso.
Using an electric or normal whisk, beat the fudge until it almost resembles stiff peanut butter.
Spread across the tin, smoothing the top as much as possible.
You can cool this in the fridge for a couple of hours, or leave on the side until ready to cut into squares.