Caffè Nero is an international, European-style coffeehouse with the philosophy to provide premium Italian coffee, a warm and welcoming atmosphere, good and fresh food, and genuine personal service. With that in mind, one of the most important things that makes Caffè Nero unique is its people. We intend to hire only the best kind of people and are seeking those with warmth and a positive outlook on life. Caffè Nero desires to build barista teams, led by the Store Manager, that genuinely enjoy working directly with people because we know they are the key to our business. We have fun while we work and we like to get to know our regulars. Further, it’s important for our stores to reflect the neighborhood and become part of it. Above all, it’s all about being part of a family, building something special and together sharing in the successes we achieve. Through your dedication, creativity, perseverance, and daily efforts, every will succeed.
Store Manager Benefits:
- Take your Birthday off – paid!
- Select holidays off – paid!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), PTO, etc!
- Paid full training, including Barista Induction, a two-day class to learn the basics of who we are, what we do, and how we do it in a controlled setting before serving any guests!
- Employee discount through our Caffè Nero app!
- Free coffee & staff meals!
- Legendary team events!
- Referral Bonus opportunities!
Store Manager Requirements:
- A passion for taking care of people, in addition to strong customer service skills
- Desire to work in a fun and fast-paced environment with a great attitude and lots of energy
- Strengthen the Caffè Nero brand and culture
- Serve 2 customers at a time, making sure everyone in the queue is acknowledged and valued
- Follow and lead the team in practicing Barista Priorities, the Six Steps of Service, and the Golden Rules
- Properly train staff using relevant training materials and succession planning
- Develop Maestros with a minimum in one in your store at all times
- Contribute daily to the Caffè Nero team, subsequently conducting regular team meetings to discuss business goals and the Caffè Nero family
- Consistently deliver excellent coffee standards, using all tools, e.g. coffee checks, audits, training materials, Maestro Moments, Nero Now
- Create Caffè Nero buzz on the bar
- Maintain accurate and organized personnel files
- Manage your team’s performance, motivating and engaging them along the way
- Deliver KPIs per store budget
- Proficient with various computer systems including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office and Outlook
- At least 3 years of supervisory/management experience
- Able to move and lift 0-70 pounds
Store Manager Responsibilities:
- Prepare and serve handcrafted coffee beverages
- Assemble handmade sandwiches and salads for daily service
- Bake fresh baked pastries and cookies
- Maximize top line sales and deliver on bottom line results
- Build and retain a great team, offer friendly service and queue management, provide first class standards, and manage the business
- Lead the Caffè Nero team, above all acting as a team player, leader, and role model
- Follow all Caffè Nero policies and procedures
- Maintain daily and weekly paperwork and prepare for monthly business review
- Attend all company meetings (monthly area, quarterlies, and end of year)
- Always ensure safety and security of team and customers
- Keep store clean at all times through use of daily cleaning, cleaning schedules, and monthly deep cleans
- Handle stress of a long line, so customers are patient; likewise, listen and react to customer comments and queries
- In short, take full responsibility for the performance of the store
- Further perform any other store tasks, as needed
- Have fun!