Assistant Store Manager
Competitive Salary / Great Work Environment / Great Work Life Balance / Great Growth Opportunities / Great Benefits Including – Birthdays Off!
One of the most important things that makes Caffe Nero unique is its people. We seek those with warmth and a positive outlook on life that genuinely enjoy working directly with people because we know they’re the key to our business. We have fun while we work and like to get to know our regulars. It’s important for our stores to reflect the neighborhood and become part of it.
For us, it’s all about being part of a family, building something special and together sharing in the successes we achieve.
Job Title: Assistant Store Manager
Reporting To: Store Manager
Role Summary: To build and retain a great team which embodies Caffè Nero’s culture by providing excellent customer service and the best standards of coffee and food at all times.
- Supports the Store Manager in all aspects of the four (4) most important things o Build and retain a great team o Offer friendly service and excellent speed of service and queue management o Provide 1st class standards o Manage the business
- Acts as a team player, leader, and role model barista o Collaborates with colleagues and demonstrates skills to provide the best customer experience o Builds and maintains effective relationships with customers, team members, area manager, and Head Office o Always performs job duties of the Barista; Six Steps of Service, Barista Priorities o Effectively delegates and follow-up on daily operations tasks o Demonstrates dependability and reliability by arriving promptly for all shifts o Adheres to appropriate uniform guidelines
- Communicates effectively with customers, colleagues and managers by speaking clearly and succinctly, practicing active listening and asking questions, when necessary
- Effectively handles stress of a long line by keeping traffic moving and maintaining positive demeanor, so customers are patient; listens and reacts to customer comments
- Focuses on the appearance of the store o Continuously ensures the store is clean by clearing tables, cleaning counters and organizing work areas o Ensures displays and labels are professional looking and of high quality
- Executes standard operating procedures using the Ops Communication Log Book
- Follows all Caffè Nero Financial Policies and Procedures
- Adheres to Health & Safety guidelines o Practices safe lifting and handling procedures and other safety guidelines to prevent injuries
- Takes responsibility for ensuring safety and security of team and customers
- Participates in monthly deep cleans, attends team meetings
- Assists with completing all required operations audits as needed
- Accurately follows all food, beverage, and inventory systems; ordering, receiving, purchase orders, inventory, etc.
- Completes cash handling procedures on a shift by shift basis; reporting and addressing any positive or negative variances to the SM and AM
- Performs any additional store tasks, as needed.
- Has fun!
Required Skills and Experience:
- Prior Shift Supervisor/Assistant Manager experience
- Delivering great customer service and excellent coffee – always and throughout the team.
- Serving 2 customers at a time and making sure that everyone in the queue is acknowledged and valued.
- Work with the Store Manager to achieve and exceed planned business and financial targets.
- Conducting regular team meetings to keep everyone informed of business goals and what’s happening in the Caffè Nero family.
- Managing a team to deliver excellent customer service and operational standards.
- Supporting your team to achieve their career ambitions.
- Motivating and inspiring your team and act as their role model.
- Bringing great people into your team and making them feel part of your store family.
- Working together with your Store Manager to constantly drive improvements in your store to deliver excellence.
- Deputizing in the absence of the Store Manager – such as days off and vacation coverage.
- Proficiency using various computer systems.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Ability to move or handle merchandise that gets delivered or needs to be moved throughout the store generally weighing 0-70 pounds
What You Can Expect
At Nero you will be part of a family, that’s how we think of ourselves here. Our people are kind and share a passion for making the finest coffee and have fun doing it. Working for a company that has won accolades for its coffee and design – you will receive fantastic training both in and out of your store, learning to perfect your coffee making skills and to deliver a top rate experience to our customers.
|Role:||Assistant Store Manager|
|Salary:||$44-49K Plus Bonus|